The Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur (IIT Jodhpur) is inviting applications from PhD applicants for January 2024. The Institute will accept applications till October 20.
Eligibility and PhD Programmes
- Master’s degree in engineering, pharmacy, agricultural science, science, humanities, social sciences, or management with at least 60% marks or 6.0/10 CPI or CGPA for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC (55% for SC/ST/PD).
- BTech graduates from centrally-funded technical institutions (CFTI) with a CGPA of 8.0 and above are eligible to apply to all PhD courses at IIT Jodhpur without writing the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE). However, students with CGPA lower than 8.0 are required to write the GATE to be eligible.
PhD Programmes are available in the following categories:
- Regular with Institute Assistantship
- Individual Fellowship (i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc.)
- Working Professionals
- Part-time (Online)
- Indian Nationals Residing Abroad (INRA)
- Foreign nationals
Financial Support and Deadline
Regular PhD students will be eligible for Research Assistantship (RA) and Teaching Assistantship (TA) [Financial support as per Ministry of Education norm]. The Institute also gives financial support to present research work at International and National conferences.
The deadline to submit applications is October 20, 2023.