The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the one and only international organization that deals with trade rules between nations across the world. At their heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. WTO’s goal is to ensure that trades flow smoothly, freely, and predictably as much as possible.
WTO’s internship programme
The World Trade Organization has come up with an amazing opportunity for students across the globe. Applications are invited on a rolling basis for the internship programme only for national of a WTO member state or customs territory, or country.
The division where interns will be assigned to work are given below:
Administration (procurement, finance, human resources) Information,
Communication and external relations
The World Trade Organization’s internship programme will last up to six months.
- Interns will receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 [4,902.18 Indian Rupee] (including the weekends and official holidays falling within the selected period).
- Travel expenses to and from Geneva will not be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance.
- Medical health insurance coverage is mandatory in Switzerland, and interns are responsible for organizing their own health insurance prior to commencing their internship at the WTO.
- A candidate must be a national of a WTO member state or a customs territory or a country that is engaged in negotiations and accessions.
- A candidate should have completed his/her graduation in a relevant subject and must have completed one year of postgraduate studies.
- The candidate must be at least of 21 years old and a maximum of 30 years old during the internship period.
Applicants under the age of 65 years old from a WTO member state are also welcome.
WTO’s Application Process
Eligible candidates should submit their applications through the official portable or WTO external jobs platform and only the selected candidates will be called for the interview. Intake to the WTO Internship Programme is on an ongoing basis, with no specific recruitment period. However, there may be specific vacancy notices for internship positions requiring particular qualifications and skillsets published on the WTO’s e-Recruitment website.
The granting of the internship does not entail the right to a vacancy in another part of the Secretariat. Interns may nevertheless apply for any external vacancies.
Click here to apply for the internship programme– https://wto.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/CWR/Intern_JR100005