CUET 2022: The class of 2022 found itself in an unprecedented situation, taking the CUET exam in addition to two board exams. With more than 80 co-workers using the CUET as their method of admission, it has grown to be one of the most popular exams in its first year, and the number is certain to increase going forward.
Simply because of the CUET, colleges that were previously out of reach for many students because to their absurdly high cut-off points are now within grasp. However, the UGC’s “NO WEIGHTAGE” policy towards board marks for admission to the central universities and associated institutions has given students no choice but to take the CUET as a last resort.
How to pass the CUET on your first try is the obvious question that faces all students and associated students?
Some of those key points that a student need to keep in mind to ace the CUET examination in their first attempt:
1. KNOW THE EXAM IN-DEPTH: Every entrance exam is different. The very first step is to understand the structure of the exam before they jump on “how to prepare for CUET?”. Unlike other examinations, CUET has 3 different sections and the eligibility for each of the courses varies.
Hence, it is of the utmost importance that the students check each specification thoroughly in terms of course and college requirements, for which they are planning to apply and then start preparing for the exam accordingly.
2. EXPLORE THE SYLLABUS: Understanding the syllabus for each of the CUET-offered subjects is the next step. The NTA has listed the curriculum for each subject on its official website. The curriculum should be thoroughly read by the students, and they should look for any priority that have been outlined.
This will facilitate their understanding of the specific content for the subject and will help them filter out the topics that they need to cover. Once they start preparing, the main thing that they need to be consciously aware of is the CUET syllabus itself. When they are familiar with it, then it will be easy for them to create a priority list based on the topics they need to study.
3. RELEVANT STUDY MATERIAL: Once students are aware of the topics that they need to study, the next big thing is getting access to “good quality & comprehensive study materials”.
The best books are those that cover the entire syllabus in detail as it will help them save time and they will not be required to study from a variety of different books. Referring to the NCERT books for in-depth knowledge and understanding of concepts will help ace the CUET exams. Concept clarity is very important for an MCQ format examination.
4. SECTION WISE PREPARATION: The CUET exam is divided into 3 different sections: Section 1: Language, Section 2: Domain-Specific, and Section 3: General Ability Test. The preparation for each of the sections must be on the basis of the specific requirements.
5. RIGHT SUBJECT SELECTION: Under Section 2 of CUET, which is domain-specific, students are required to appear for 2 or 3 subjects based on the course requirement. Apart from the mandatory subject, the selection of other subjects is the most important.
6. PRACTICE SAMPLE PAPERS: Finally, the student should practice the CUET sample papers for better preparation and understanding. Solving sample papers will help the students prepare according to the actual exam time, and test their own preparation and the areas they need improvement. The resources help in the quick revision of the vast syllabus and accelerate the preparation time.